Chicken with Lemon
The Cretan way of cooking chicken is simple and timeless. The right olive oil and fresh herbs infuse the meat with flavor while retaining its natural juices.
- 1 whole chicken (quartered)
- 3 - 4 lemons
- Half a cup of olive oil
- 5 pinches of oregano (use generously)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 - 5 potatoes cut in half
- Wash the chicken.
- Put chicken in roasting tray and wash, peel and place potatoes in roasting tray.
- Season with salt and pepper and oregano. Pour olive oil and lemon juice all over.
- Place in pre-heated oven (350 degrees) and cook for 45 minutes, turning and basting the chicken often with pan juices.
- Serve with Greek salad.
NOTE: Cooking time varies based on the size of the chicken.