Legendary Greek Tuna
Fresh fish from the sea is a favorite of Cretans. This simple recipe will transport you to a beachfront restaurant in the south of Greece.
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 leeks cut in rounds
- 8 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- half a medium cucumber cut in rounds
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 6 pieces of fresh tuna
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the leeks and the celery until soft.
- Add the herbs, cucumber, water, and wine. Stir well.
- Place tuna slices on top of the vegetables. Cover the pan and simmer for 20-35 minutes depending on the thickness of the tuna. Serve with rice and a tossed green salad.