Super creamy roasted beet hummus featuring a whole roasted beet, lemon, and plenty of garlic flavor. Perfect with chips, pita, or veggies or as a sandwich spread.
- 1 medium beetroot, raw, peeled & diced
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt & black pepper
- Place beetroot & garlic in the food processor and process until they are in small bits.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice & tahini and continue processing until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, pour in olive oil.
- Seasoning with salt & pepper and add any extra lemon juice, if needed.
- Serve with raw veggies.
This recipe has been provided by Shannon Proulx – The Glorious Kitchen.