Creamy Hot Pepper & Cheese Dip
This is a nice way to introduce olives to a dinner party, served warm, with cocktails. They are great at the family dinner table too.
- 500g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 hot green peppers
- 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp oregano or finely chopped dill (optional)
- Cook peppers in the frying pan with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or in the oven.
- Remove from the pan or oven and blend in a mixer.
- While blending, add the feta cheese, oregano or dill, remaining olive oil.
- Add in the fresh lemon juice and mix until tyrokafteri becomes soft and creamy.
- Top with additional extra virgin olive oil and chilli flakes (optional).