A vegetarian and gluten-free appetizer from a tasty, salty and squeaky cheese made in Cyprus from sheep’s and goat’s milk.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 Halloumi cheese slices, ¼-inch (6mm) thick
- Acropolis Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil for greasing
- 2 tbsp Acropolis Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, deseeded, minced
- 2 Acropolis Organics Pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Brush both sides of the Halloumi cheese with olive oil and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook cheese on both sides until cheese has a golden-brown colour, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer grilled cheese to a serving platter.
- In a separate small bowl whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and drizzle over the cheese. Serve warm.