Fried Cod is a very popular dish is Greece. Soak the fish in water to remove the excess salt, batter, and deep fry in olive oil until crispy golden brown.
- 1 lb. dried Cod
- 1 cup Batter
- Olive Oil
- Cut fish into 3-4 inch pieces; soak overnight in cold water. Change water several times.
- Place cod in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from water.
- When cool, remove the skin and bones.
- Make a thin batter with flour, water and a little salt. Heat oil in frying pan until medium hot.
- Dip cod into batter and fry quickly until browned on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with skorthalia (garlic sauce).