Shrimp & Orzo
Serve this on its own for a light lunch, or add it to a buffet. The shrimp have just a bit of a kick, just enough to keep you coming back for more.
- 1½ cups Greek orzo
- Pinch of salt
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Acropolis Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
For the Salad:
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 hot banana peppers, thinly sliced
- 5 scallions, both white and green parts, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) thawed, cooked and peeled cold-water shrimp (150-200 shrimp count)
- Acropolis Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano, dried
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 13-15 minutes. Drain orzo and place in serving bowl.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and pour over the cooked orzo. Stir the orzo and set aside to cool.
- Once the orzo has cooled, add the tomatoes, peppers, scallions, and basil and mix.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly coat the shrimp in olive oil. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the shrimp and season with salt, cayenne pepper, oregano and fresh cracked black pepper. Toss the shrimp to ensure that they are seasoned evenly. Add the shrimp to the orzo salad.
- Top the salad with the crumbled feta cheese, mix gently and serve.