Roasted Asparagus & Tomato Salad with Lemon Couscous
Your favorite summer fruit deserves a turn on the barbecue. It’s sweet, smoky—and a lot easier than pie!
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (250g), sliced in half
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup dry couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1-2 lemons, zest and juice (¼ cup)
- 3 tbsp Acropolis Organics EVOO with fresh lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F | 200C.
- Place sliced tomatoes on one half of a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then add the asparagus. Continue cooking the veggies for 10 more minutes.
- In a small pot, pour boiling water over dry couscous, cover and put aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes and asparagus from the oven and let cook slightly. Slice asparagus into 2” pieces.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, Acropolis Organics EVOO with fresh lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a salad bowl combine couscous, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, fresh mint, lemon zest and pour in the dressing. Stir to combine well and enjoy!
This recipe has been provided by Shannon Proulx – The Glorious Kitchen.