Watermelon Mint Gazpacho
Nothing cools off the dog days of summer like a bowl of this refreshing watermelon chilled soup. It’s subtle sweetness, touch of mint and pretty pink colour make it especially appealing.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seedless
- 3 fresh tomatoes, diced, reserve half
- 1 english cucumber, diced, reserve half
- 1 red pepper, diced, reserve half
- 3 green onions, sliced, reserve half
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 handfuls fresh mint
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- Set aside the reserved half of diced tomato, cucumber, red pepper and green onions.
- Place remaining half in a food processor or blender with watermelon, garlic, mint, lemon juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper. Add a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the reserved diced vegetables.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with fresh avocado and mint leaves. Enjoy!
This recipe has been adapted from Love & Lemons Watermelon Gazpacho.
This recipe has been provided by Shannon Proulx – The Glorious Kitchen.